Viljandi Town Government has closed its buildings due to the national COVID-19 virus emergency. Citizens are admitted only with prior appointment with a municipal official. Most services are accessible through this website or via email email@example.com.
- Population Register services: 435 4748, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marriages, births, divorces, deaths etc: 435 0774, email@example.com
- Social workers' contacts can be found at www.viljandi.ee/sotsiaalamet
- All town government contacts www.viljandi.ee/uldandmed
- For digital services go to www.viljandi.ee/e-teenused or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linnu 2, 71020, Viljandi, Estonia
Phone: +372 435 4710
M-W 8am - 5pm
Th 8am - 6pm
F 8am - 4pm
Population: 17 093 (1st January 2020)
Area: 14,65 km2
Tallinn 161 km; Tartu 81 km; Pärnu 97 km; Riga 245 km; St. Petersburg 393 km; Helsinki 247 km; Stockholm 580 km
The 8 member town government is the excecutive body of the municipality. The mayor and two vice-mayors alongside five cabinet members form the government.
Madis Timpson (Reform Party)
Kalvi Märtin (Reform Party)
Vice Mayor - planning, development, infrastructure
Janika Gedvil (Pro Patria)
Vice Mayor - culture, education and social work
The 27 member town council represents just under 18 000 citizens of Viljandi and is the law-giving body, equivanelt to the parliament on state level.
Viljandi Town Council after the 2017 local elections
Reform Party (8); Pro Patria (6); Centre Party (2)
Social Democratic Party (9); Conservative People's Party of Estonia (2)
Helir-Valdor Seeder (Pro Patria)
Chairman of the Town Council
Peep Aru (Reform party)
Vice-Chairman of the Town Council